Friday, February 9, 2007

What I have been waiting 2 months for

So if you have read this blog at all you know I have recently been in New York City for 2 months now. I have completed about 100 applications and in the first month got one interview at the end of it. February was a bit nicer to me because I took my fathers advice. He told me the moment a company wanted to hire me I would get about 5 calls from other hotels. It happened. Trump Intl. hotel one of the cities leading hotels hired me for real yesterday. You know what happened about 5 minutes after? I got a call from another hotel wanting to interview me for a night manager position. I might go to the interview if I can just because I have always wanted to work with this company for as long as I knew I wanted to work in hotels. The interview would give me a great look at the culture and if it is good for me in the future. For now though I am going to start my post-graduate career at Trump.

I have also put money down on a room for rent. It is a room in Brooklyn and is a sublet until August. By then I can decide if I want to spend the outrageous money for my own apartment and more importantly if I can afford it. The rent starts on March 1 which will also be close to the day my best friend from home comes out to visit.

This weekend will be pretty mellow, hoping to sleep in a lot. Maybe I'll take some pictures of Laura and I around the city. Not sure what we are doing for Valentines Day yet, maybe go to the Empire State Building, kinda cheesy but oh well.

-Jonathan

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey, at least you are in a city where you can do the cheezy, romantic things for valentine's day. The most exciting thing we're doing is going to our church's couple's Valentines dinner. Oh well. And congrats on the job again!