Wednesday, January 17, 2007

First Post




Okay, so I'm gonna really try to make this a blog that I write on at least once a week.



I have been in NYC for a little over 2 weeks now and am still jobless. I apply for on average one position a day so I feel it will change for me soon. Because my fiancee Laura does not have an internet connection in her apartment I have to either go to Barnes and Nobles in Union Square and fight the hordes in the cafe to pay $4.00/2 hours or go to my favorite upper east side cafe: Effy's (sister Julie got a taste of what he has to offer on her trip here). This is because most of the job applications are done online.


I'm having a lot of fun so far though which is good. My days are much the same though. I wake up when Laura is leaving at the crack of dawn to move her way uptown to go to work and I go back to sleep for another hour or so. Then I wake up and watch a bit of fuzzy local tv. Once I'm done with that I make my way out to either internet spot that I spoke of above and then I find some place to wander around until it is time for Laura to come home and we make dinner and watch fuzzy tv again. If you were a bit curious what the current pad looks like well I just happened to take a few pictures.
This is the view from her bedroom




Street outside of her apartment



Every time I want to come home I have to walk up 5 stories


Kitchen


Livingroom
Okay, so I'm done job searching for now but I did get my first interview for monday. It is just a front desk agent position but their starting wages are $18.50/hr and can go up by experience, so hopefully that will work out. It is with a group of hotels called Affinia. Visit them at http://www.affinia.com
So have a great day everyone!
-Jonathan

2 comments:

Julie said...

I MISS EFFY'S!!!!!

michelle said...

i have two comments: jonathan, you are the spitting image of dad. i can't even believe it. i think i sat and stared at your picture and said "wow" about ten times. also, your kitchen is more like a "kitchenette", don't you think?!!

ok, a third comment: so proud of you for moving out there. big risk, but i've no doubt you can handle it.

oh, and one more thing. nemo doesn't even remember he has an uncle jonathan, so if you and laura get tired of the new york pace, portland's a nice alternative!