Monday, July 16, 2007

Not a lot going on



Its been a while and Julie asked me why I dont update so here it goes.


Laura is trying to get me to run a half marathon with her and her teacher friends. I think I can do it with a lot of training seeing how I'm already walking close to 1.5 miles a day just to get to work (walk to the subway, walk from subway to work, repeat after work). The problem is in the knees. I feel like I inherited dads bad knees, that and I was horrible to them in my adolecent years and they pop and crack all the time, which is quite sad with me only being 23 years old. That being said, my sisters you may tell your children that unless they wear knee pads when they go rollerblading their knees will end up like their uncles, pink and funny looking.


So what have I been doing during my free time? Not much...Actually seeing a lot of movies. I have probably been able to see every "decent" by rottentomatoes.com standards movie out this year. In fact I get kind of sad on my day off when there isnt a movie that just came out that I want to see. So if you need an opinion on a movie I will be able to give it to you no problem because chances are I saw it and if I didnt it isnt worth seeing.


In other news Laura and I went to Six Flags 2 weeks ago. There is a great package that includes charter bus transportation and the ticket for about $50. It gave laura and I a great chance to get out of the city and only took about an hour to get there. I would have to place the park in between Michigans Adventure and Cedar Point caliber. But it was a lot of fun.




In a week I will be returning to michigan for one week to go to a wedding, visit mom and dad and other friends. Honestly I cant wait, mostly because as much as I like New York, it really is an exhausting city. It will be nice to see some green again.

Until next time.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like you are having fun in NYC! Go for the half marathon. You can definitely do it, and it is very rewarding.

I'm jealous of your movie-going and trip to Six Flags. I am in serious need of fun around here! Our trips to the park are nice, but not highly entertaining.

Have a great trip to see Mom and Dad. I don't think I'll be able to make it over for a visit, but maybe next time. Will you be home around the holidays?

Melissa said...

ok, it's seriously been tooo long since you've posted. tell us something new please!