Friday, June 1, 2007

Thankfully the virus and infection has gone away. Note to Michelle: yes the doctor told me it was not the name of the virus but the infection that the virus brought on. Though my ear has still yet to pop, my voice and strength are back to normal. Thank you for the research though!

I have been thinking a lot of home lately, not that I want to move back but some small things I miss. I never thought I would say this but I actually miss Meijer sometimes. The ability to go to one store and buy everything is just so convenient and above that at reasonable prices. Or to be able to hop in a car and drive somewhere quickly. I don't want to make it sound like I don't like the city though, there is always something to do and everything is open late. It will be interesting to see where Laura and I go next, we have been lightly talking about Chicago...Time will tell.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

meijers will do that to you. you hate it while you live near one, but you get overly excited upon seeing one when you've been away for so long.

so...chicago, eh? I highly recommend it. All the enjoyable things of the big city, yet still midwestern. It would feel like a small town compared to NY!

Glad to hear that you're feeling better. Have a great weekend!

michelle said...

i second melissa...so glad you're better. i got an e-mail at work about how some reps from the CDC are doing a research study at my hospital b/c we've had a small outbreak of adenovirus...in fact, heard from one of our MDs that two young people (in their 20s) actually died in the same month at our facility d/t complications from the "flu"...these bugs are really trying to get the best of our species, huh?!!
we have a "fred meyer" out here, which is just like meijer w/o the dutch emphasis, and yeah, it is pretty convenient. chicago is pretty great...i'm secretly hoping to move back closer to family a few years from now...maybe after grad school.

Julie said...

I'd totally miss Freddy's if I moved away from here. True, the Dutch Meijer always has the value, but Freddy's treats me right.